From the Pines with Love 1991

From the Pines with Love 1991.          Again Dionne Warwick was no stranger to Fire Island having been to Cherry Grove in 1967.        Again
read more

Pines People- Alexandra Akira

Alexandra Akira. 1986 What it feels like for a girl…   Arriving on Fire Island at fourteen years old, she would soon call this magical wonderland her second home.
read more

From the Pines with Love 1990

From the Pines with Love   1990. After the success of the first “From the Pines with Love” benefit in 1985 it was decided to have another. Beginning with a
read more

Reflections from Fire Island.

Lessons from the Beach by Robert Bonanno                               2008.   Fire Island has inspired many a creative person, including myself. In 2008 I was so inspired and expressed it in two
read more

Pines People- Scott Bromley

Scott Bromley   In 1964, when architect Scott Bromley first visited the Pines, he was, in his own words, “just a green kid from Canada.” He’d recently graduated from McGill
read more

Pines People- Gene Gordon

Gene Gordon Aka. Will Seagers- Matt Harper                                                                  A rebel without a cause…                                                                                                                                                    This post contains adult images.         His name was Gene Gordon when he arrives in
read more

Debbie Reynolds – Celebrity history.

Actress Debbie Reynolds performs in Cherry Grove 2015.       Actress Debbie Reynolds arrives in Cherry Grove to perform at the Community House Theater. Reported by FI Q News
read more

From the Pines with Love 1985

From the Pines with Love.   1985. With the advent of the AIDS crisis owner John Whyte felt the need for a community response. With co chair Ron English, and using his
read more

PAWS Est. 1984

PAWS. Pines Animal Welfare Society Est. 1984     As the Pines community grew so did its animal population. Most noticeably the many pets that would arrive with homeowners and
read more

Pines People- Arden Catlin

Arden Catlin.   The former Arden Rosswaag was Manhattan born and educated. She had been coming out to Fire Island since 1930 when her family, through friends in Sayville starting renting
read more

The Chemical Bank boat Est. 1981.

Cee Bee I Chemical Bank boat Est. 1981     The floating bank branch called Cee Bee I commissioned by Chemical bank in 1981 was originally a hydrofoil that shuttled
read more

Mel Fante’s Melbamar boutique.

Melbamar was the brainchild of Mel Fante. The emporium by the sea was many of the names it was called. A boutique for the discerning Pines clientle. Filled
read more