Pines People- Bobby Bonanno

Pines People- Bobby Bonanno    Fire Island Pines Historical Preservation Society President   My history: I have always been blessed to live near the water. The beach has always been a
read more

Crews Quarters Est. 1982

Crews Quarters 1982-1992  Opened in the newly renovated LaFountaine Building by longtime Pines resident and Realtor Doris Taussig “Crews Quarters was known as the friendly place. The place where the
read more

Pines People- Nikki Fried

Pines People – Nikki Fried                  Nikki Fried was a former nun who found her way to Fire Island. Her friend there Sandy Paul help her to find a
read more

The Pines Dog Show Est. 1965

The Pines Dog Show Est. 1965                                      Pets have always been part of the Pines experience. Treated like family the dog show evolved out of that experience. Events
read more

Pines People- Bob Howard

Bob Howard  1977.         Mr. Bob Howard was born in New Haven Connecticut, and attended college at the University of Connecticut. There he majored in theater, and
read more

From the Pines with Love 1991

From the Pines with Love 1991.          Again Dionne Warwick was no stranger to Fire Island having been to Cherry Grove in 1967.        Again
read more

Pines People- Alexandra Akira

Alexandra Akira. 1986 What it feels like for a girl…   Arriving on Fire Island at fourteen years old, she would soon call this magical wonderland her second home.
read more

From the Pines with Love 1990

From the Pines with Love   1990. After the success of the first “From the Pines with Love” benefit in 1985 it was decided to have another. Beginning with a
read more

Reflections from Fire Island.

Lessons from the Beach by Robert Bonanno                               2008.   Fire Island has inspired many a creative person, including myself. In 2008 I was so inspired and expressed it in two
read more

Pines People- Scott Bromley

Scott Bromley   In 1964, when architect Scott Bromley first visited the Pines, he was, in his own words, “just a green kid from Canada.” He’d recently graduated from McGill
read more

Pines People- Gene Gordon

Gene Gordon Aka. Will Seagers- Matt Harper                                                                  A rebel without a cause…                                                                                                                                                    This post contains adult images.         His name was Gene Gordon when he arrives in
read more

Debbie Reynolds – Celebrity history.

Actress Debbie Reynolds performs in Cherry Grove 2015.       Actress Debbie Reynolds arrives in Cherry Grove to perform at the Community House Theater. Reported by FI Q News
read more