1876 Community House
1876 Community House

Originally built in 1876, the Community House was first used as a life-saving station, only to be taken over by the Coast Guard around 1900 when it was called the Lone Hill Station. After a time it fell into disuse, only to be revived during World War ii when it served as a patrol headquaters for the Fire Island beachfront. After the war, it was again abandoned, and it was not used until the mid-50’s when it was purchased by a group of Pines property owners (FIPPOA).

image Info

Leave a Reply